thoughts about jesus, travelogs, and anything else i can find swimming around in my head....



safari tomorrow...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



once again – not really sure where to start. not in a bad way – just don’t know what all I want to talk about. trying to keep this thing updated is something I want to do – but not something that I am very good at. today was a long day as it was the last day for the team here was going to see the kids this year. we had something of a carnival for them – and tons of gifts. I huge Kenyan feast for the kids, and there were lots of hugs as well as tears. I on the other hand will be here – so I got to stand on the outside and see things from other peoples eyes in a way. one thing is for sure – and that is the love that is there. these folks on this trip love those kids. and those kids aren’t really sure about much – but they know that they love them as well. you could see it in their eyes. you could see it in their eyes every day really – but it seemed a bit magnified this afternoon. but im not surprised. I wont ever be able to think about Africa again without thinking about most of those faces. but my time here isn’t quite up yet – so those thoughts will be saved for another day.

we leave tomorrow for safari and I am very excited. it will be a much appreciated break – for we have had some long days the last week and a half. friday night I return – then get on another plane for western Kenya on sunday. will be back in lemuru I guess around wednesday. then the real work begins I think. the farm is on its way to be running. the month of july will be getting things ready to go. we hired a guy to be the farm manager – and he is super cool. good things are going to happen. just crazy how things are starting to go – and how god can put together the most random pieces and make them fit. guess it shouldn’t really surprise me. not sure who all will be living with me as of yet – but right now an austrailian couple, kalen (my co-worker) and AB will be there until he leaves in august. seems like there is another guy I cant remember his story who will be there as well. the house is amazing and I am very excited about moving in soon. initially we will be growing mostly veggies, and will move into chickens, cows, maybe goats, and loads of other things. strawberries, and a few other fruits as well. it is a very exciting thing. new beginnings. also there is a cheese making facility across the street - and the cheese is amazing. that excites me too.

there are some other things I want to say at some point – when I get my thoughts in better order. but until then – ill try to keep things updated. and more pics ill post soon. just a matter of doing it I guess. but ill write more when I return from western Kenya. oh yeah – I found out today that ill be going to Zanzibar for my birthday… so excited…


0 Responses to “safari tomorrow...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about...

  • me...will
  • where...Kenya
  • an american living in kenya, chasing dreams and the shadow of my god...
  • even more info...
Add me to Skype

Previous posts

archives...

praha..where my heart is


ATOM 0.3