thoughts about jesus, travelogs, and anything else i can find swimming around in my head....



the trickle down effect...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



As Christians, what do we teach our kids? What things do we teach our kids that we do not even know we are teaching them? And these things that we do teach our kids – do we tell them that what we teach them is biblical when in fact it isn’t? Is this healthy to lie to our children or teach them half-truths? Do we teach Christianity is a morality code or do we teach that Christianity is a relationship that is constantly evolving and growing between that person and christ? Do we add on things to our faith that get in the way of finding Christ? Things of denomination and things we see fit to keep our children safe from? Do we add things on that do not matter? I think for the most part – the answer to the latter question is yes. Over the years I have heard so many things taught that I know are not true. I have heard things preached from the pulpit and I have heard things taught indirectly and without words. Things that have not only affected the way I have perceived people – but the way I have treated people. Can we honestly afford to do these things and continue to have the trickle down effect continue to affect our future generations? If we truly want to follow Christ – we have to stop going to church. We have to start being the church. Christianity is not, and never will be about a morality code. Christianity is about a freedom that we are given through the amazing grace that Christ gave us all.


1 Responses to “the trickle down effect...”

  1. Blogger Dealer 

    Good point on being the church instead of just going.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about...

  • me...will
  • where...Kenya
  • an american living in kenya, chasing dreams and the shadow of my god...
  • even more info...
Add me to Skype

Previous posts

archives...

praha..where my heart is


ATOM 0.3