thoughts about jesus, travelogs, and anything else i can find swimming around in my head....



learning to laugh


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



tuesday. my week is almost halfway over with. but wow - so far it has been really great. the weekend was really good and my monday class got cancelled. the thing is that i get paid for it anyway because the student didnt let the school know in time. sweeeeeeet. yeah - that will make you smile.

but on really smiling. this weekend i hung out with my friend Hedvika on sunday. i dont think that i have smiled and laughed so much since i have been here. and trust me - i have been having a great time. she is from prague and was a great tour guide. but back to the smiling and laughing thing. she has one of those infectious laughs. when she smiles and laughs so does everyone around her. she told me her philosophy about smiling. basically when it comes down to it you have no reason to not smile. so you may as well smile because it makes other people happy to see you smiling. so i thought about this. and ill be damned if she isnt right. why not smile all the time. why not?? laugh at things even if there isnt anyone around. laugh out loud. the perfect example came to me on the metro today. there was an old man sitting across from me who was very cool looking. i could tell there was something about him from the start. first off - he had on this really cool old school suit, with this hat that just tripped me out. it looked like he had been sitting on it and it was flat with some wrinkles in it - but he put it on his head somehow anyway. but check this out - he was just laughing the whole trip to opotov where we both got off. now keep in mind he wasnt laughing about anything i could tell. (ok yes - he could be laughing at me...i can already hear the comments coming...)he was looking out the window - just laughing furiously. so freaking cool. i couldnt stop smiling. his laughing made me smile. it totally works - just smile more and laugh more. you will see. just play the smile game with me. whomever you see - smile at them. see if they smile back. odds are they will. if not - they will at least wonder what you are smiling about. how can that be bad?


1 Responses to “learning to laugh”

  1. Blogger laura 

    even reading this made me smile.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about...

  • me...will
  • where...Kenya
  • an american living in kenya, chasing dreams and the shadow of my god...
  • even more info...
Add me to Skype

Previous posts

archives...

praha..where my heart is


ATOM 0.3