thoughts about jesus, travelogs, and anything else i can find swimming around in my head....



a week in mississippi...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



im back. back from the czech republic and here in mississippi. things are well. it has been an eventful week for me - so i will try to catch you up - because i realise that you are on the edge of your seat waiting...

the plane ride home was pretty uneventful. i was all worried about leaving the country, afraid that my bags would weigh too much or that passport control would say something about me overstaying my welcome a bit. turns out the only slight problem was the american customs guy in canada, who grilled me about every little freaking detail of where i had been. you give a little guy a gun and somewhat of a title - and they think they are the coolest guy ever. guess the good ole US of A doesnt think you should be gone too long, or bring back foreign chocolate for that matter... it wouldnt have been so bad if i wasnt to the point already of almost missing my next flight to altanta. for some reason since i flew through canada to get home - i had to recheck all my luggage and go back through security in montreal before i could fly to atlanta. wasnt too much fun - considering that i had two huge bags plus my carry on. i had to lug these across the airport with no help. sucked. but anyway - i made the flight - although just barely. but i made it to meridian on time and no problems.

this week i have gotten to see most everyone that i have wanted to see - and those that i havent - i will see them tonight. i am having some folks over to my parents house tonight. should be a good time. during the week i have been mostly working for my dad, helping him out some and working around the house some. mom had surgery on thursday - so i am trying to help out with her too. things have been steady and pretty busy. today i will get resdy for the party tonight and tomorrow will be the day of rest.

it is pretty hot here - although i think i have figured out the reason everyone here thinks it is hotter than i think it is. in prague hardly anywhere has air conditioning. i mean - shops and some restaurants do - but hardly any flats. here - you walk in a house and it is 70 (21c). my theory is that here you just never get used to the heat. how can you when you step back and forth changing 20 degrees constantly? anyway...

well i will write more soon. i do miss prague and the river, and going to the park. i miss the beer and i miss some friends. but home has been nice so far. i have eaten way too much this week - trying to catch up on the stuff i have been missing. but next week i am going to be back to eating good - no more of all this junk. sucks to get older and have to actually watch what you eat. bye for now...


2 Responses to “a week in mississippi...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I think that I think it's hotter than you do because I have more hair. Hee, hee...

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    have more hair than me? come on now - i'm not quite sure that is possible...

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about...

  • me...will
  • where...Kenya
  • an american living in kenya, chasing dreams and the shadow of my god...
  • even more info...
Add me to Skype

Previous posts

archives...

praha..where my heart is


ATOM 0.3