thoughts about jesus, travelogs, and anything else i can find swimming around in my head....



monday night late...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Monday night late and I just finished watching Seabiscuit. (DVD selection is starting to wear thin…) Once again – having a hard time sleeping at night. Seems like I sleep better during the day for some reason. My sleep habits are so messed up right about now. My classes are so spread out that I wake up most mornings at 6:30 teach at 7 or half 7 and then finish teaching about 9ish. Then sometimes I have a class at maybe 1, maybe 3 or maybe not until 5. Anyway – there is usually time for a nap. Plus with it being so dang cold here (most mornings lately –15 Celsius or at the least –10), I just don’t really feel like getting out much. And it stays a bit dark here in the winter but when the sun is shining that allows it to be colder – so not sure which I prefer. Im just ready for the spring and the flowers to start blooming again. So yeah – more excuses for being lazy. Anyway- just thought I would make a normal entry on here since lately I guess things may have been more formal stuff. Not sure why I feel the need to bark about stuff on here. Im quite sure that most of whomever is reading this doesn’t really care about what I have been pondering that moment. So – just wanted to put some normal stuff on here – whatever normal is…

Seems like the weeks just fly by here. They keep somehow turning themselves into months. Amazing how they keep racking themselves up. I am really enjoying the relationships that I am forming here though, with students and friends alike. I have become friends with my students and they help in ways that you would never imagine. Most of my students are older ladies for the most part, and they really are so nice. They notice when I act like I am getting sick and offer to help, and it is nice. That along with other motherly stuff. My other students just give me advice about the Czech Republic and what I should do, should not do or I am here to answer all their questions about America. Yeah – I know. Scary. And friendwise – I really am not lacking at all. In fact I find it hard most nights to stretch in all the directions that I wish i could. But it has been really nice trying my best to form new relationships, as I haven’t really been the best at this in the past. Being in a place where noone has a clue who you are, where you came from or most of the time even where that place is, is in fact really kind of nice. Im not running from anything – but this way I can just live my life and see whatever kind of trouble that god throws in my way. Trying to really sit back and enjoy this ride of life that I was allowed to have a turn at. Im just gonna take it for what it is worth and breath in some deep breaths. Not get in a hurry, get too busy or any of that. Ive decided to just live and enjoy it and not worry about what everyone else thinks I should be doing. Kinda a weird conclusion – but I feel it is a good one for me – not like I have ever really worried about what most think I should be doing anyway. Well – gonna try to sleep now. Gotta get up in about 4 hours. Maybe I will post later all the other late night ramblings that I have on here and not posted. Just not sure if anyone would read them….

Tuesday morning – just had a quick thought that made me laugh. I saw a girl this morning with gold cowboy boots on. It really tripped me out and made me laugh – because in my opinion gold is very odd anyway. Some things that people choose to use gold on, I just cant understand. This was a perfect example – but I have a better one. At the Frauenkirche, one really old church in old town Dresden, Tabea and I went to a service in. Tabea had never been, and I thought it would be cool too, so we went and checked it out. It is newly redone and everything is brand new. Anyway – The statues had gold hair and beards. Kinda impressive – but to me it just didn’t seem real. It was however the source of some really funny stories… So there was this gold chalice that they took communion from. Bro – I am talking about this huge lil’ john or snoopish chalice. Im surprised that it didn’t have PIMP written in diamonds on this thing. Well, we chose not to take communion because of the huge lines (you had to have a ticket just to get in this place..)– but after I saw this monster I really wanted to - just to drink out of that huge joker. I was laughing and I think we got kinda frowned at – but you should have seen these little old ladies drinking out of this thing. It was almost as big as they were. And I remembered all of this just from seeing that nice lady wearing gold cowboy boots this morning. Oh yeah – to make it even better – she had camo pants on…


1 Responses to “monday night late...”

  1. Blogger Bekah 

    Ok, that was stinking funny about the PIMP chalice!! I love that I'm sitting here in the same room with you reading your blog! And yes, I'll get off the computer soon.

    and I concur... it's frickin' cold and dark in Prague in Feb.!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


about...

  • me...will
  • where...Kenya
  • an american living in kenya, chasing dreams and the shadow of my god...
  • even more info...
Add me to Skype

Previous posts

archives...

praha..where my heart is


ATOM 0.3